March 27, 2012

Count Down time!

So, as of yesterday I only have four weeks left in the semester! I am really excited not because I am taking the summer off but because I will have more time with Mackenzie and Hyrum. I am so excited to start taking them to Gymboree more and doing more projects around the house with Mackenzie and just cuddling with Hyrum. For example, this morning he was up at 6:50 am. Mackenzie was still fast asleep, so we have moony/ son time. He nursed for about 20 minutes (which is wonderful!) and then I changed his diaper and clothes. After which he played on his play gym while I began cleaning up after tornado Mackenzie. He was just enjoying mommy talking to him and smiling away. I love having this individual time with the kids. I know that this time fleeting and so I want to take advantage of every moment I have.

Mackenzie is getting so big. Last night I called on my way home from class and Eric decided to put me on speaker phone. Mackenzie started talking up a storm to me. She even said "Mackenzie sad. Mommy come home." Well that did it. It was extremely hard not to break traffic laws and speed home as fast as possible. While it is hard to see my little girl grow up, it is also exciting to see her personality come through. She is so much fun.

Right now I am working on my first sewing project (all by myself). It is just a simple blanket for Mackenzie with monkeys and stars on one side and sparkly pink fabric on the other. (Pictures soon I promise). She has no idea about and I am so excited to finish it and surprise her. I love it when others teach me but I am also enjoying learning on my own. Next step remember how to set up my sewing machine and get started on quilting it. My goal is by the end of summer to be able to make her and Hyrum so clothes. We shall see if that come to fruition. I do have say that Mackenzie is definitely a Cunningham, she loves going to the fabric store with me, which Eric is eternally grateful for. I can not believe that this fall she will be in preschool and possibly dance as well. Where has the time gone. I am just grateful for the loving relationship that her and I are developing. This summer is going to be a blast. Between our garden, sewing projects, Spanish and art and Gymboree with the Kids it is going to fast too! I hope you all are enjoy the beautiful spring weather with your families too.

No comments:

Post a Comment