February 3, 2009

Technology: Is it really our friend?

So Sunday Eric got a call where he had to go out on a job in the middle of the Apache reservation at 1:00pm. This meant that not only was he going to miss the Superbowl but church as well. He was really upset partly because he would not be able to sit with his little buddy Connor Perkins during sacrament. So before I had to take him to the shop we did everything we could to make sure Eric had some Sunday worship and peace. But as we were leaving Eric made a comment that he really didn't want to listen to Alex's music on the way there and back. So me being so intelligent (insert laugh here) thought it would be great for Eric to take the ipod nano with him. 
This is significant because I basically use it for work and the really long trips to Albuquerque and Utah (3 and 7 hours respectively). So Eric has not really used it, but I love LDS music and have a very wide selection on the nano. With that Eric agreed to take it. Well yesterday after I got up I saw the nano laying on the table near the door so I picked it up to take a charge it for work the next day. However when I tried to maneuver it all I got was a white screen. At first I thought I did something but it was like that from the moment that I picked it up. I tried everything to make it work charging, hooking it up to my mac, nothing. So after discussing it with Eric we decided we could afford to purchase a new nano from Apple. Eric was kind enough to say that it would be his valentine's present. So I purchased a very nice new, blue ipod nano with 8GB of memory. This one will change songs if you just shake it a bit. I was so excited. 
Well then this morning as we were getting ready for work, Eric, being his inquisitive self decided to see if he could get the old nano to work. And would you know it, the silly thing is working again. It had no charge but it was working! Well apple is so effective that the new is already being shipped. Eric asked if we should send the old one back, but I stated that it was already on its way and it had more memory. So now we have to ipods, which I think it is good because then Eric has one to take with him on jobs and I have mine for work. Meaning if one malfunctions it is the technological skill of the owner. 
Oh technology is amazing and yet full of headaches at the same time! Have a great day and remember if you are a friend to technology, it might be a friend to you.

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny with that last comment. So true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, two ipods! I gotta get me one of those soon! Especially since there are NO good radio stations here and our car doesn't have a CD player...yeah...ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get good deals through amazon and sites like that but I would recommend going through apple. They offer a proctection plan for your laptops and ipods that you can purchase afterwards. Also you can get whatever color you want. Maybe something to match Danny's eyes;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia so good to see you on the internet! I am glad you found me. I didn't even know you got married. Congatulations! When did that happen? Looks like life is going good for you. Feel free to email me anytime natbean@gmail.

    ReplyDelete