February 9, 2009

Divine Intervention

So yesterday we finally made the trek up to Logan to see all of our dear friends from college and housing who are still there. Granted we were unable to see everyone. (too little time and too many wonderful people to see) But we had a blast with those we did see. 
The real adventure was the drive home. I had promised I would drive all day so I had the joy of driving through the canyon back to South Ogden. Now I know all of you who have driven that stretch are think bad idea. Well you would be right. It was snowing at the mouth of the canyon and it got heavier the further in we went. But I kept calm, thanks to Eric and my heavenly father and slowly but surely we made it through. The amazing thing was we did not slide or skid very much at all. 
So then all we had to do was drive 17 miles on I-15 and then about 5 miles on I-84 and we would be back at his parents. For the most part it was rain and sleet (rain mixed with snow) on the freeway. But I still took about 20 mph slower than the speed limit, which turned out to be a good idea. Since almost every car that passed us skidded off the road or lose control for a little while. So we were the tortoise in the infamous race of the tortoise and the hare. And would you know we got home in just about the same amount of time as it usually takes! Talk about divine intervention.
I am just grateful for the Lord's hand in small things like this for we were able to make it through some of the most stressful driving I have ever done without much trauma. I will say I ached all over by the time we got home due to the tension my entire body felt. But as usual I will focus on the positive and not the negative. 
Happy winter driving and remember slow and steady will win the race!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it there safely! Snow driving is freaky! Wish I could've come with ya to my favorite Logan!! :)

    ReplyDelete