February 16, 2009

Romantic Moments

So if you all can not tell we are back in New Mexico. I will tell you all that when we arrived home it was cold and there was snow and ice everywhere. At first we thought we were still in Utah but after a couple of days of sunshine, we realized that we were back in New Mexico. So here is the real story of what we have been doing since we got back.
First, we have been putting our finances together so that we can finally....build a house. I know, I know we last told you that we were going to buy but we found that we can get more for our money by building and we can stay in our ward! So we are working on getting started building by the first March so we can move in by August. We are so excited that our big Valentine's day even was choosing the lot that we wanted. Eric is really excited because it a nice lot in a nice neighborhood where a police officer lives down the street. I know to all of you that is not a big deal but for Eric it is wonderful. He worries about me all the time when he has to be gone for 10 hours or more on the job. Personally I think I should be the one who is worrying just because he out in the middle of no where but he says he is fine.
The other big news is that we have brand-new washer and dryer! Now for most of you again not a big deal right but if you have a washer that sounded like a train every time you tried to wash something you would want a new one too. When the guys can to install them they found that the drum of the washer was completely separated from the rest of the machine. So it was only by the grace of our heavenly father that it was still working. The new set is really nice and even play a nice little melody when the load is done. Eric thinks it is just a way to make you want to do laundry more. He may be right. The thing I love the most is that I can wash all his dirty jeans at once! Now if I could just get him to get rid of the jeans with holes. Any suggestion?
Well that is all the changes but now I have to share a really romantic moment (OK it is a romantic moment to me). So yesterday at church Brother Perkins asks Eric and I to help in Primary since the CTR 6 teachers were missing. Well we jumped at the chance. I was just sorry that I could only help for an hour. ( I had to teach Relief Society the last hour) So we went to sharing time and wouldn't you know it Eric seemed even more handsome sitting among a bunch of kids trying to keep order. When I had to leave him with six boys and one girl to teach I was afraid that would be the end of our discussion of kids. He did admit that for about two minutes after I left to go teach it was complete chaos. But he said he really enjoyed himself and still wanted to have as many kids as possible. This was a really sweet moment for me mostly because I have only ever seen him with little Brielle Webb and the Perkins kids. So is closing I just have to say I am really looking forward to the day that Eric is a father because he is going to be great! 
So I think I have amble enough. In closing I would just like to wish all of you a wonderful week and hope that you all have sweet moments that make you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment