February 18, 2009

Funny thing happened on the way to the dentist

So Monday Eric and I had our long waited dentist appointment. It is long awaited because Eric has reschedule it twice. So being the brilliant person I am, I made arrangements with Eric for him to pick me up at the house at 1 o'clock and we would drive over the the dentist. Now usually I try to map-quest our destination but this time Eric claimed that he knew where the dentist office was. So off we went. Now remember we have never been to the dentist here yet and I was so nervous all I could remember was the dentist's last name (that should be enough if we get lost, right?) Wrong. First the dentist office we thought was our dentist was not. Then we found out that there are three dentists in Farmington with the last name of Thompson. So after much instance and badger Eric we went home and picked up the information and use yellow pages.com on Eric's phone to find the dentist office. Well to make a very long but hilarious story a little short, all I will say is that yellow pages LIED! We were so incredibly lost, which is not hard to do here because many streets just end without warning. Well after 45 minutes of being lost I just couldn't take it any more and just started laughing. Eric did not think it was funny at all. He knew where Dustin Avenue was and he was going to find it.
Well I decided that since the direct approach was not working maybe if we just enjoyed the drive and stopped looking for the dentist maybe we would find it. Well it worked! only we were an hour late for our appointment so we had to reschedule. Now here is where I have decided my husband likes the dentist about as much as my mother (who is known to bite her dentist, they not put her to sleep for their own safety). I was ready to take the next available appointment and just get it done. NO! Eric wanted to reschedule it for his next days off, which are not until March 23rd! So we did and took the new patient paperwork home to fill out.
As we were leaving we realized that we had passed the office at least three time while being lost for it was right next to the junior high that we were debating over with it was a junior high or high school. I know, I know. We are nuts. But hey at least we are secure enough to laugh at ourselves. So the next time you get horrible lost just stop trying to get un-lost and you might surprise yourself. I know we did. 

2 comments:

  1. Julia! I checked out your blog a while ago and saw all your cute wedding photos. I have been so busy and meaning to comment. I'm glad you are doing good. Congrats on the wedding! (I know, a little late).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a funny story. Thanks for sharing. I hate it when I am lost getting somewhere for an appointment, because I am so obsessed with being on time.

    ReplyDelete