February 20, 2009

Separation may be here again

So, I have a little bit of bad news, Eric may be leaving me for a month. No we are separating by choice. Because the oil companies here in New Mexico have pretty much shut down for the winter, he has to head up to Grand Junction. This is so he can get all the experience he needs before his break out session the first week in April. Now it would not be so bad if it were not for the fact that I have grown really fond of having him around. That and because we are in the process of building our first home (pictures will follow soon). This is a hard prospect partly because we have already dealt with seven weeks apart. I know we can make it through three more weeks if we have to, but I really hope we don't have to. 
The old saying that distance makes the heart grow fonder is BULL. All it does is make you yearn for the person and be unable to sleep. All I can wonder is how have so many couples done it in the past. I know we are blessed to have the communication tools we do, but still it is no fun. But just like everyone else we are taking a hit too. SO if you could find the time to add us to your prayers, we would greatly appreciate it. What we need to for the weather to continue to be warm and for the economy to be a little better so the oil companies can hire Eric and his co-workers to come and measure their wells. Otherwise at least pray that I wouldn't go stir-crazy from loneliness. Have a great week-end.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so not fun! I have done without Rob for that long many times. At first it was nice to have the alone time, actually. But I started to miss him so much and sometimes would cry to him over the phone. I would have to say that I do agree with the addage "absence [or distance or whatever] makes the heart grow fonder". When Rob is away, even for a couple of days, he is so sweet and kind and says the greatest things to me. I have been known to tell him maybe he should stay away because he appreciates me more when he's gone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that sucks!!! I hope the time goes fast for you. Seriously, most of Danny's and my "courtship" was spent at VERY long distances. We only saw each other 6 months of the 3 years before we got married. Either he was on a mission (good reason, hehe) or I was in Russia and China! It stinks!!!

    ReplyDelete