January 31, 2011

Monday is here.

So I am sitting at the University of Utah waiting for my last class to start and I began to think about all the things I am grateful for.
First my family. It has been a crazy past week and week-end. Since I was sick Eric had to take the lead, mostly because I was out of it. Then Mackenzie got sick Saturday and it was fun to watch how loving and gentle he is with her. He is gentle with me too, but I am the worst patient to have because like my dad I do not have time to be sick. Mackenzie is still young enough that all she wants to be held and cuddled. Sunday due to her fever and my cough we stayed home from church. While we missed being with our fellow saints and ward family it was nice to be together. We laid in bed most of the day watching church videos and reading. Mackenzie laid in between Eric and I and would take turns cuddling with each of us. While many people would say why is this a moment to be grateful for and to them I would say because we are together. There were no expectation of anything other that pure love for another.
Second I am grateful for the gospel. Yesterday while watching Mackenzie's videos and reading her books it hit me. The gospel is truly simple and sweet. It is all about Jesus Christ. I am grateful for this simple truth and that my daughter loves Jesus so much that not matter where we are or what we are doing to always finds a picture of Jesus or some other way to remind Eric and I that Christ is the center of life. He is who we are striving to be like and everything we do in the life needs to help us progress towards this goal. With this I am also grateful for the Atonement and the repentance process. I am anything but perfect and this amazing gift everyday. It is because of this gift not only am I able to be forgiven but to also forgive myself of wrongs I have done. Mackenzie is right if our focus is on Jesus our lives will be richer and fuller.
Finally, I am grateful for the things that I am able to do with me family. This is where our sweetest memories are made. For example, we went down to Orem on Saturday for the LDS Film Festival. We love the Liken the Scriptures shows and they were screening Jonah and the Big Fish. So we went and had a great time. This was Mackenzie's first movie so we did have to take turns going out with her due to the fact that she is not use to watching movies in the dark. That was OK, for it was fun to watch her crawl around and try to walk on her own (getting closer everyday). Well that was until she ran over David Osmond. I was mortified. She didn't seem to even noticed that she had crawled right over his feet and just kept going. Luckily he was very kind and just laughed. Also he told me it didn't hurt, which I can believe because Mackenzie is a skinny girl. This is one memory that Eric and I will retell to Mackenzie for years to come and it will always bring a smile to my face when I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment