January 27, 2011

When mom is sick!

So Sunday evening I began to feel a little sick and by Monday I had a pretty bad head cold. Well it is was only a head cold, right, wrong. As of yesterday I have strep throat. This is so frustrating on so many levels. First, I am contagious so I am isolated from the world. I would feel awful if anyone caught strep from me. It is not a fun sickness. Secondly, I can't kiss my husband. Now I know, so what. Well I din't realize how hard not kissing Eric would be until the doctor told us not to kiss for at least 48 hours. Now we could ignore the caution and go ahead and kiss but then there is a chance that the man that I love with all my heart will catch strep from me. If that happened it would break my heart. So instead we are trying to be strong. But my husband is torturing me! I feel like a cat with a toy that I really want just out of reach. Oh, well all good things come to those that wait. Finally the worst part about being sick is that the house falls into chaos. Eric tries to keep it running and my parents have helped too but things are just not the same when I am out of commission. Oh, well thank goodness for good doctors, advice medicine and the healing powers of rest. I am on the mend and so is the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment