January 9, 2011

Time for Change

So today at church was both wonderful and difficult. It was great to see the changes that were made but also hard. You see my dad was released from the bishopric today. He is need elsewhere in the stake but it is still hard. Mostly because he has worked so hard to come out of his shell and he really loves all the members of our ward so much. I am grateful for the service that he rendered the the example that he has been for me. He has never turned down a calling even when it was extremely difficult to fulfill due to his work schedule or lack of support at home. He has always put the Lord first. I know that it is in part because of this attitude that he has been able to accomplish what he has. I hope that I can always have that attitude. For right now I am exhausted. You see our ward is so small that I am doing triple duty. I team teach the sunbeams with my husband, work with the activity day girls as their leader and also do the ward history. While it is fun to be doing so much for the Lord it is also difficult. I feel like sometimes my family loses out. It is hard to give my all for the Sunbeams when Mackenzie is not yet in Nursery. It is also hard to remember all of the changes and activities the ward has done over the year. Thankfully there are wonderful people who help me to be able to accomplish all the Lord asks me to do. I am grateful for my callings and hope that I can continue to magnify them to best of my ability. For I know that while they are not big and not really spotlight callings what little I do does help the ward as a whole. I do have to say that while I love writing the ward history and working with eight to eleven year old girls, my greatest joy is the Sunbeams. They are so much fun and so sweet. I am grateful for all that they and my little daughter are teaching me about the gospel. For it truly is simple and complete. May we all come to feel the pure, simple and sweet love of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment