January 24, 2011

School is in session

While this statement is true, I have been back at school for three weeks now, I have come to the realization that I am in an even greater school. The last few weeks I have been struggling trying to figure out where I stand with things. You see marriage and family life have happened so fast, it great! But I am still adjusting. I have been learning about trust, patience and humility. All of this from two of the most important people the Lord has placed in my life, my husband and little girl. Eric is such a sweet guy and really is trying to help me but has a difficult time of it because while I explain or think things out in my head they don't always come out of my mouth. He is very talented but I don't think he knows how to read my mind yet and probably wouldn't want to. Especially since it races about 20 million miles a minute. He is teaching me that while it is great to get things accomplished in a timely fashion it is also great to stop and enjoy the task at hand. Life seems so much more rewarding when I look at it through his perspective. I just hope I can do that more often.
Then there is little Mackenzie. She is such a joy even when she is a trial. Her smile is so infectious and her love for life. I have learned that even the simplest thing in life is a joy. Again thanks to Eric teaching me to enjoy the journey, I am finding myself enjoying the late, restless nights and the struggles with listening. I am reviling is all the good. She is talking more and more. A lot of it is baby babble but there are moments of English and yes German words too. Tonight for example I was reading her favorite book to her Llama Llama Red Pajama, (this is a nightly thing) and all of a sudden I asked her to point out the mama llama and she points to the word. I thought it was a fluke so I continued reading and asked her to do it again and she did it. I know it sounds crazy but every time she says a new word, or advices in someway I say a silent prayer of Thanksgiving. I never imaged in a million years that my daughter would be so amazing. Now I know, I am her mom so I think she is the most amazing baby on the earth, and you would be right. She is an amazing gift from my father in heaven and I hope that I never forget that. I know we will have our struggles but I hope to always hold on to the good and let go of the bad.
One final thought, every child deserves to feel loved and treasured. We have the opportunity to team teach the sunbeams (really Eric is the amazing teacher, I am just the music person). Those little ones are so sweet and want so much to be loved and to show how amazing they are to all who will listen. They are in charge of opening exercises for sharing time this coming Sunday and they are all so excited. The Lord truly has some of the most valiant and amazing spirits on the earth today. I just hope I do not disappoint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment