March 19, 2009

When one door closes...

So this morning Eric and I had a shock. He was called into work on his day off and told that he would be laid off due to the economic woes within the oil and gas field. This has diffently changed our plans. We are looking at moving back to Utah as soon as we can. This is because of the fact that even with the possible new job that I have applied for we will be unable to stay in Farmington. There are no jobs in the area for Eric. The biggest thing for me right now is to take care of him. I know the best thing for me to do is help him to face forward and move. Also I know that if I can get him back to Utah he will have a really good support group. He has not really been around a whole lot. So he does not really have a whole lot of friends here. 
So in closing if you all could keep us in your prayers that we will be able to find another job for him and be able to get back our feet would be wonderful. We are grateful that we had not gone too far on the house or other things yet. Now if we can just get moving again that would be wonderful.
There is one piece of good news, we are expecting a baby at the end of the year. There will be more on this as more information is gathered.

5 comments:

  1. Well this was a very bittersweet post! So sorry to hear that Eric has lost his job. It's important to recognize your blessings amidst trials and remember the influence of the Savior is very real and very everywhere. Your little baby is evidence of that. Congratulations on that, I couldn't be more thrilled about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julia, I'm so sorry this happened! What a scary thing to be unemployed!!! I really pray that you guys will find a job for Eric quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is Brianna. (I found your Blog from Jeff's) Just wanted to wish you the very best. Job hunting is tough. We are relocating/partially already relocated so my boy is job hunting too. Always hard. Congrats on the pregnancy. You are such a sweetie. I'm sure you will make a lovely mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hey Julia, just so ya know, our blog address changed...
    http://alittlebitofkooky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a good attitude about a very difficult change. Hang in there! And - no overstressing, if not for you, then for the little one =).

    ReplyDelete