March 9, 2009

How quickly life changes

So yesterday, when I posted I said there was not much going on here. How little I knew at that time. First, this morning we got a call from the carpet people and when to pick out our carpet, tile and such for the floor of our new house. We are very happy with our color scheme. But then as I was getting ready to leave to head to work my father called. He sounded really down and I was worried something had happened to one my brothers or he was frustrated with work. But in reality it all this... my great-uncle Leonard had passed on suddenly in the ER in Carthage, Missouri. He had been ill the night before. When he told me a didn't know what to think or say. All day I was in a daze. I know that he had struggled with staying healthy these last few years, but it is hard to loose someone you knew really well and grew up with. Now the funeral is this Friday in Southwestern Missouri so there is no one Eric and I can be there but we are doing all we can to support my dad in making the trip.
I guess all I have to say is that I am grateful for the ordinances of the temple because the relationships that we make here do not end at death. I know that my dad, me and grandmother along with Aunt Nancy Catherine will all be with Uncle Leonard again someday. I also know that he is at rest and has been re-united with the family members that had already passed before him: his mother 
and father and his brother and sister. I just hope those of us who are left here on earth can make the most of his memory and also celebrate his life for what it was. A life full of service to his family and friends. We will miss you Uncle Leonard but look forward to a union of our own someday. 

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you just so grateful for the gospel. It is such a testiment to Heavenly Father's love for His children. I am sorry for your loss but am glad you know the truth to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your uncle, please pass my condolences on to your family. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete