March 16, 2009

The importance of understanding.

OK, so I am going right up front about this and tell all of you that this post is going to be really sappy. Here is why, all my life I am had this great desire to learn and contemplate the justice or injustice done to people. But I never felt like I could share this desire with any one. I was always call morbid by my brothers and so I just kept it all to myself. But I have found something else with my wonderful husband. My passion to speak and learn the truth. Here how this revelation came about, I had found that a book I had skimmed, The Boy is the Stripped Pajamas, had been made into a movie. Well I had been wanted to see but never got a chance to when it was in the theaters. So I rented it on I-tunes. 
I was afraid to tell Eric because I was afraid that he would say the same things my brothers have always said. But when I was honest with him, he just asked to watch it with me. Well it is a heart wrenching movie that really makes you stop and think. After we finished it, instead of just saying what a sad movie and moving on we were able to talk about. And wouldn't you know this was manna to my soul. I have yearned for years to talk to someone who would understand that the reason I study the darkness of the past is to be able to appreciate the goodness of the present and the hope of the future even more. 
All my life I have hated injustice but I know that without injustice there can be no justice. I also know that without hatred and evil there can be no love and righteousness. So end the end my advice is don't be afraid to bare your whole soul to someone you love, they might surprise you how much they are like you in the end. Well that is all for now. 
I will say this those who deny evil in the world only perpetuate it. For if it is ignored or believed to never be able to happen then it can go unhindered. When recognize it we can stop it before it takes over the things that are important to us. I hope the I can be able to recognize it always in my life. 

1 comment: