August 17, 2011

Going back to school

So, I realized yesterday in a complete panic that school starts again on Monday! While I am excited to go back and get started on my Masters I am also worried. I love school but it has been fun to be a stay at home mom with Mackenzie all day. I do get battle weary but I am grateful that for the most part she will listen to me. Luckily I only have two classes. One Monday night and one Thursday night. The only other problem with going back to school is the flack I am getting about doing it.


I did not enter into this decision lightly. I knew I needed a little more education to be able to one day help my husband care for our family. Unlike my mom who has the education but not the health to help I can help. I grew up watching my dad work his tail off and my mom cry because she could not help out as much as she would have liked. So this is why I have decided to go back to school pregnant and with a sweet little one. I know that in the long run it will be beneficial for my family. I will be able to help Eric and also to teach my children that education is vitial and that no matter what your circumstances you can achieve anything.

I know that education is a huge part of our Heavenly father's plan for all of us. Knowledge is the only thing we can take with us after this life. While we must sift through all the knowledge out there and make decisions about what is truth and what is fiction I love the process of learning. If we enter into education both formal and informal with the right attitude and an open heart we can find answers that will astound and amaze us. I know I have. I must hold on to this belief and remind myself of it often as I work on my school work, prepare for our precious little boy and enjoy our sweet little girl. This is what the Lord wants me to do at this time in my life and I can and will accomplish it only with his unfailing support. This support can be seen in the encouragement and love of my sweet husband and my kind mother who are willing and ready to help.



No comments:

Post a Comment