August 19, 2011

Dear Friends

Yesterday, we made the trek up to Evanston to see one of my dearest friends. While the actually trip was hard thanks to Udot and their need to do construction everywhere, the visit was wonderful. Mackenzie got to play with Abby and Joe and thanks to them she was thoroughly worn out. Of course on the way home she was determined to stay awake and have mommy hold her when we got home. However, she was so tired. She finally crashed on route 201. Of course this was after an hour and a half of string at daddy and refusing to let sleep over take her. It was hard not to laugh at her stubbornness. It also broke my heart a little to see how tired she was but how she refused to sleep. Oh, well she comes by her stubbornness honestly.
The visit was great partly because I got to go shopping with Mindy and we got to watch Mackenzie play with their older two kids. The other part was watching Eric interact with their little boy Jake. Jake is not quite a year old. I can tell that Eric is getting more and more excited to have a little boy. I know he adores his little girl but I think he is getting excited for the new challenge and joys of having a boy. I know I am too but it is fun to see the sparkle that comes into Eric's eyes when he thinks about our kids. He is such a great man and wants to be a great father. Little does he know he is on his way there. He was having fun pushing Mackenzie in a swing, reading to all the kids and helping me convince Mackenzie that it was time to eat. I am so grateful that I chose to marry him. For while he has his faults (I do too) his desire and efforts to overcome his past more than make up for everything else. His heart is pure and his desires divine. I just hope I can find more ways to help him see the good within him.

No comments:

Post a Comment