April 12, 2009

What does a newly wed couple do for Easter

So since I can't really be in the kitchen very long right now, with get nauseated and throwing up. I wondered what would we do for Easter. In my family there is always a big home cooked meal. Luckily my dad has postponed this for another two Sundays. This means Easter dinner will also celebrate Eric and I being back in Utah. So with that Eric and I still had to figure out something to do for the two of us. So here it is... We decided to help our friends keep their sanity with really hyper kids. Let me explain we are friend with the Perkins family and they are great. There is just one little problem, Dad and all four kids love candy. So poor Sandy is left to fend for herself in a family of hyper active kids and husband. So we decided to help out a little. We always sit with them at church and after church we tried to get the kids to run off the energy before they went home. Sandy did ask that we come by and take all the candy out of the house but we knew that wouldn't work.
Now what about our Easter dinner, well it is something I can eat and have been craving, spaghetti! Poor Eric all I want to spaghetti and meatballs. I know he is going crazy so I have tried to make him sandwiches and have promised to make my famous mashed potatoes once we move. By then I hope to be able to look on food without gagging. It is so frustrating to have morning sickness when you love to cook and also eat what you cook. Oh well, I will just appreciate it more when I can have all again. Happy Easter and hope it was a wonderful day for each of you. I know I have enjoyed the time to remember our savior and the amazing price he paid and the gift he gave. 

2 comments:

  1. Danny and Savanna ate those nasty Banquet TV dinners for 3 months while I was barfing up my toenails. They got over it. Just take care of yourself.

    P.S. I can't even look at Banquet dinners without being nauseated...UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember things making me sick when I was pregnant, mostly smells really got to me, smells of certain foods. I hated MEAT when I was pregnant. Which is ironic, because you really need that when you are pregnant. I was anemic when I was pregnant so that really was not good. It's really great to have a baby inside you, but it would be nice to do without all that uncomfortable stuff.

    ReplyDelete