January 5, 2009

So we really need that first aid kit

Ok, so those of you who know me really well know that I am a little accident prone. So back in March when we were deciding on items for our wedding gift registries I thought it would be a good idea to put a first aid kit. Considering I have a tendency to get hurt. Well this evening I was getting our chicken ready to go into the oven. I was using one of my new knives to get the butter and trim the chicken itself. Well I was doing great until Eric tried to talk to me and then the knife slipped and cut my finger. Luckily it was jut one layer of skin and it didn't hurt to bad. But now Eric is telling me that I am not allowed to use my knives! I will admit they are sharp but I am usually very careful and everyone has had an oops moment. The worst part was that I knew I needed to wash the finger and get a bandage on it right away but when I asked Eric to go a get me a band aide he didn't know where any were. So with that result I think it is time for me to break down and buy a first aide kit for the kitchen. As my m,om always says it is better to be safe than sorrow. Stay tuned, you never know what I am going to do next!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. When I was pregnant I had to get stitches twice. (Never had before in my life) I was way accident prone then. We didn't not have a real first aid kit either and that is when I finally got one. I also just barely bought stuff to make a full first aid kit, since my son is starting to do stuff like jump off the stairs. I have a list of what should be in it, if you want one. Many pre-made first aid kits don't have absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete