January 28, 2009

Funny Dreams make for a Great Day

Ok, so being newlyweds we don't have any kids yet and since we are renting we can have a dog or a cat, but that doesn't mean that we are boring. Being who I am there is never a dull moment in the Winslow house. Take this morning for example. Wednesdays are the one day I can sleep in because I don't have to get up at 7am for work. I still get up and make breakfast and make sure Eric has clean jeans (granted his favorite ones for work are the ones with the hole in an unmentionable place). But this morning he didn't have to go into work due to the fact that he was waiting to hear about a job. SO we got to snuggle together for a while longer. Well while lying there comfortable and war, it happened. I had the weirdest dream ever. Here it is:
I dreamt that me and ALL of my dear friends from Logan, Salt Lake and This is the Place Heritage Park were in a musical version of Pride and Prejudice. This is all I remember I was Jane Bennett and Eric was Charles Bingley. 
Now for the really funny part about an hour later I woke up and was so excited that I remember my dream and that it was so fun I had to tell Eric. Well as you can probably guess he was not amused. First, musicals are not his favorite thing to watch. I will confess that I dragged him to High School Musical 3. He won't admit it but he enjoys musicals. The worst part was that it was Pride and Prejudice. Eric for all his amazing quality is still a manly man and Jane Austen is not his favorite at all. So to say the least he was a little unnerved and worried about his wife. Granted this coming from the man who dreams of playing volleyball and hits me in the chest in the middle of night is not saying much. So in the end we had a good laugh and went on with our day with a slight smile on our faces. I mean how can you fight over laundry or what to eat or how to make the bed (yes we have had newlywed fights, they only last for maybe an hour and then one or both of us apologize) when you are picturing the other singing and dancing in early nineteenth century English clothing. Try it sometime you will find you can't stop smiling or in my case laughing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment