July 24, 2011

Heartaches and love

So today is pioneer day and as such I feel it is a time of reflections and family. However, family is something that I both love and dread. I love my brothers dearly but I also want to shake them. They have no respect for me, my family or the choices that we have made. I know that we each of free agency to choose. I just wish that the respect and "acceptance" that they expect from me would be given to me and my family. I think what makes me the most angry is that they don't seem to see that the most important thing in this life is not instant pleasure or the next big thing but it is family. My children are amazing, even if I do say so myself. They know the truth and I hope and pray that one day my brothers hearts will be softened and their eyes opened. They have some much to give in this life. I just wish they would see that there is more to life than drinking, criticizing and belittle others beliefs and choices. However, I am grateful for the amazing Son of God who I have married. He is so patient and loving with my brothers and bears all things with them meekly. I have to thank the Lord for this amazing blessing in my life. I hope and pray that our son will be like his father.

No comments:

Post a Comment