May 22, 2011

Motherhood is...

All of my life I have wanted to be a wife and mother. Yes, I went to college and received a degree but my greatest desire has always been to be married and raise a family. I am  not the conventional mother. I don't adhere to social norms or standards. I follow my heart and am constantly praying. I have the simliar struggles as others. Children not listening, making messes, etc. But I revel in these moments. You see I was older when I had the blessing of getting married almost three years ago. I waited and did everything I could to support my friends who were married and had children. Even so I yearned for it for my own life. When it finally came I made a covenant with the Lord that I would do everything in my power to raise my children as he would have me do. I am anything but perfect. I have a temper that I am learning to control. However, I am trying so hard. Everything I do during a day has my husband and my children in mind. I hope and pray that I can continue to be worthy to listen to the spirit and live my life in such a way as to teach my children eternal truths through word and deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment