May 13, 2011

Life

So in the past few months things have changed a lot. Eric now officially done with course work, Mackenzie is running everywhere, I am officially in the Master of Education program at the U, oh and we are pregnant again. The last one came a pleasant surprise. We had just started trying but I know it is when the Lord wants it to happen. I am excited for Mackenzie to have a sibling and for Eric and I to add to our family. I don't know how I will get everything done that the Lord wants me to do, but that is where faith steps in.

This past week Eric turned 30 and it made me stop and think about life. He doesn't look thirty and he doesn't act thirty. I know now that my Great Grandpa Baker was right. It is just a number. It matters how you feel and that is all about perspective. For example Mackenzie has had a cold that last couple of days and of course she gave it to mommy. It is not a big deal since that is how family works. I could just walo in self pity but instead I am trying to get well. I also have the best nurses ever. Eric is wonderful in helping me rest and making sure I eat. Mackenzie is just as sweet as ever. She always comes in to check on mommy and make sure I am ok. She has even given me kisses.

One final thing Eric is almost an official life guard for the summer. Just one more week of class. He passed the pre-test and has been loving the things he is learning about helping others. This is his finally internship before he is completely done with his degree. What is really nice is that he will be working at the Magna Pool. He is going to be very close to home. Also it is an excuse to take Mackenzie to her favorite place in the world the pool. Our girl could live in water if we would let her.

I hope everyone has a great week-end and is loving the warmer weather we are getting in Utah. Also those of you around the rest of the country please stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment