May 24, 2011

Close to Home

Sunday evening a violent tornado ripped through the southern part of Joplin, Missouri. For me and my family this disaster has hit very close to home. Many of my mothers extended family live and work in Joplin. Also most of my dad's family lives in the surrounding areas. So we have discovered that everyone is safe. My uncle, who lives about a mile away from St. John's Regional Hospital was spared both him and his home. My father's family is dealing with debris. Unfortunately some family members lost their homes and livelihoods. They are alive and as my mom put it is it really all that matters. While I miss the Midwest I do not miss the horror of tornadoes. They are truly the most violent thing nature can produce. From the moment a funnel cloud forms in the sky to the time that a tornado as touched down and done damage all one can do is pray. You learn to respect and read mother nature in a way that never leaves you. Do this day when the sky gets angry here is Utah I still pray that nothing horrific will come from the impending storm. I am thankful for the miracles we had felt in this disaster and hope and pray that others too may feel of the love and compassion of the Lord as they being to rebuild their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment