October 23, 2011

The joys of Mackenzie

So we have enter the toddler tantrum phase. Sorry to all of our neighbors who have heard Mackenzie's cries as her daddy tries to put his foot down, when they are outside. She has had a very strong set of lungs since the day she was born. I feel for him. She will get upset with me but because I am home with her more often and she knows that I stick to what I say she knows how far she can go with me before she is in time out or has privileges taken away. Eric however it is a little different. He is so soft hearted and is trying to figure out his style of disciplining. He is doing a great job but I can tell it takes its toll on him.

Even with the tantrum phase she is also starting to love reading and books even more. I know, I know we are in trouble and will probably need to build on to our house for both her books and mine. I love to read with her. She is also very curious, always asking questions about the world around her. We don't have a whole lot of mine problems but she is very much aware of whose stuff is whose. She has also picked up talking about herself in the third person. Once again thanks to me and Eric. Also the other day I was humbled when I accidentally said something I don't usually say in a bout of frustration and right then and there she picked it up. I know that she is teaching me how to be a better person and I am so grateful for that.

Today we decided to finally decorate for Halloween. We out up lights outside and then Mackenzie wanted to play with them. Eric did a great job keeping her from playing with them but she was not happy. However, even with the tantrums and the frustration we are also loving that fact that she is talking more. She has even started to tell her little brother it is time to come out. I think he is listening to her for little by little my contractions are increasing.

I am having a hard time being patient mostly because I want to hold him and have our little family complete again. I know it is all in the Lord's time but I need to learn patience. Right now I am focusing on getting my family ready for Halloween and for Mackenzie's birthday along with working on my midterm due this next week. I know if I don't do this I will become obsessed with Hyrum coming and I know that just liked a watched pot never boils, it will be even more painful if I don't just let the Lord take the lead here.

I just hope that I can have a smooth delivery with a health but not too big of a baby that is not over due. I hope that I will be able to trust whoever watches our little princess and not worry about her well-being during labor. I pray that Eric and I will be able to fully enjoy this birth and be able to work together to bring this little guy into the world. Right now Hyrum is getting ready and also still enjoying kicking mommy from the inside out. I think he might be just as athletic and fearless as his sister. If so Eric and I are in big trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment