September 11, 2011

In Rememberance

So today is the tenth anniversary of 9/11. We have all heard about on the news all week but I wanted to share a very special moment I had at Granger High on Friday. When I got to Mrs. Reese's classroom she informed me that we were going to be going over the events of 9/11 with her ESL students. Many of these students were not citizens of this country ten years ago and so if they know anything about what happened it is very sketchy. As she began to go over the events I was amazed as how calmly and yet lovely she explained the events of that day. Then as the students were watching a short video, she asked me if I would be willing to tell of my own story of that day ten years ago. As I thought about what I would say. When it was my turn I felt the spirit as I told of when I was doing as a sophomore in college and what I felt. I know that while the events of 9/11 were tragic and we have all been changed forever, I know that there is good that has come out of it as well. For one, I know that it has help me and my family to enjoy our time with each other more. Also I know that it has made me appreciate all the little things in my life more including my husband, my daughter and my unborn son. Tragedy is hard but it can also be a strengthening agent for your faith. I know that 9/11 like when my grandfather passed a way in 95 has deepened my faith in my Heavenly Father and the eternal nature of families. I know that this church is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is a grove of trees in Palmyra, New York. Also I know that President Monson is our true prophet on the earth today. I know that while the people within this church are not perfect, the doctrine is. For, it is centered in Jesus Christ. May we all remember that there is a higher power in this world that will help and guide us through troubled times, if we allow him to.

No comments:

Post a Comment