June 22, 2011

Thursday will not come fast enough

Ok, so you know how when you were in school you prayed really hard for the week to go by fast and Friday would come that much quicker. Usually that meant the week would go really slow and it felt like the week-end would never come. Well I am stuck in the vortex now. I am not wishing for Friday but for Thursday. It is the day we find out if we are having a girl or a boy. Of course Eric in his infinite wisdom decided to schedule our appointment for 2:30 in the afternoon! Who does that to a pregnant woman who is dying to know if she is going to have another little girl or start on the boy train. I am excited for either one but feel like the appointment will never happen and I will be pregnant with Maclenzie's mystery baby for the rest of my life.

About that, yesterday we took Mackenzie with us to the doctor again. This time just because Eric could not bare having her cry the whole time while I was gone. She did really well as they took my weight (eww) and blood pressure. She was even ok as I laid down for my midwife to begin checking for the heartrate. However as soon as she was touching my tummy she starting pouting and crying. She was not satisfied until I was holding her again and she had a protective hand over my ever growing belly. While I felt bad that she was crying it was hard not smile at how protective of her mom she is. I told Eric later it is kind of nice to have someone love me so much that she screams and cries when people touch me. Eric was not amused. Mostly because constant glares have been coming from Mackenzie towards him lately especially if he kisses me. He then reminded me that it wasn't just me she was protective of but the baby too. I am getting excited for November. Even though I will be huge and tired it will be great to bring this new little life into the world and watch as Mackenzie begins her new role as big sister. I know she is going to be an amazing big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment