June 19, 2011

Answer to prayer

After I posted yesterday I have spent most of this Sunday praying and trying to overcome the feelings of saddens and frustration. Thanks to my loving husband and many friends I can say I am on the mend. I know that the Lord does not give us anything we can't handle even though sometimes things can seem overwhelming. It hit me hardest today in Sunbeams when my husband reminded me and taught our little angels that sometimes difficult things or tasks enter our lives but we are not alone. We have a loving heavenly father and Savior Jesus Christ who are there to help us. Sadly I have forgotten that fact. I am so grateful for Eric and his wonderful spirit and the sweet, loving spirits of our Sunbeams. As I struggled with Mackenzie today to help her understand reverence and to get her to settle down I truly felt the encouragement and love of my heavenly father. I knew that whole the struggle is hard it would be worth it in the end. As have been praying how to deal with some challenges with my calls I have found faith and strength to go forward in my Savior. All of my life the two people I have always been able to count on are my heavenly father and my Savior. They helped me and Eric as our relationship grew and changed. They comforted me as I entered the operating room to have an emergency c-section with Mackenzie and they comfort me every time I have a hard time with life. However, just like everyone else sometimes I forget they are there and do not look towards them. I hope and pray that I can do better for I know that it is with them that all things are possible, even a quiet toddler in sacrament meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment