October 27, 2009

Already scaring mommy and daddy

So this morning Eric and I were in a hurry to get to my doctor's appointment. We had thought it was later than it really was, but once we got there and everything got started we were Ok. That is until our midwife tried to measure Mackenzie's heart rate and we found that she had a slight problem. Her heart would beat twice and then pause, then beat twice. So we had to go and have a non-stress test and then another ultra-sound. In the end the hear irregularity just looks to be something that will clear up after she is born and we were sent home. But for a little while it was a little unnerving not knowing what to think or whether or not they would want to deliver her today. But thankfully we can wait for a little while longer. I have to give props to Eric who stayed really calm during all of this and was right by my side the whole time. I am so grateful for sucha loving husband.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a scare. I always fretted going to the doctors and not hearing the heartbeat! Other than feeling him move, that was my lifeline. I am glad the doc thinks everything will be fine though.

    ReplyDelete